Fresh off extending the longest postseason streak in the MACJC, the Mississippi Gulf Coast men hit the road to play Meridian on Monday.
Tipoff is at 5:30 p.m. The Bulldogs are one game behind Pearl River and Jones, tied for first in the MACJC South.
• MGCCC: 16-3/8-2 MACJC South, 3rd in division
• Meridian: 7-11/2-8 MACJC South, 8th in division
Last Time Out
• A 16-0 run reversed a slow Gulf Coast start against Southwest, and the Bulldogs went on to win 68-60 at Perkinston on Thursday. Willie Logan (So., Brookhaven/Northwest Rankin) and Dillyn Neely (Fr., Biloxi/Biloxi) had 13 points for Gulf Coast.
• Meridian lost 67-64 on Thursday at Hinds. Alex Oguinn led the Eagles with 19 points.
Neely's 13 points lead Gulf Coast to a 72-42 win over Meridian on Jan. 17. The Bulldogs held the Eagles to 29.8 percent shooting from the field.
Around the MACJC South tonight
- 4. Hinds at T1. Pearl River, 7:30 p.m.
- T1. Jones at T7. East Central, 7:30 p.m.
- T5. Copiah-Lincoln at T5. Southwest, 7:30 p.m.
• MGCCC will play in its 21st consecutive MACJC Tournament this year, the longest active streak in the state. Northeast is expected qualify for its fifth tournament, the next-longest streak.
• Gulf Coast's DaJuan Moorer ranks 22nd in the country averaging 3.5 offensive rebounds per game.
• The Bulldogs are allowing opponents to shoot just 38.7 percent from the field, eight-best in the country. They allow just 62.8 points per game, fourth-best.
• Thursday, at Pearl River, 7:30 p.m., Poplarville
• Feb. 18, vs. Jones, 7:30 p.m., Perkinston
• Feb. 21, at Hinds, 7:30 p.m., Utica
For more information on MGCCC's 10 intercollegiate athletic teams, follow @MGCCCBulldogs on Twitter and MGCCCBulldogs on Facebook, and go to mgcccbulldogs.com.
Sports Information Director
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College