Hinds 42- East Mississippi 41 (In overtime)
The Hinds Eagles stopped the Lions two-point conversion attempt in overtime to advance to the conference championship game. Eagle's linebacker Taylor Hunt tipped EMCC's QB Jamari Jones' pass and defensive lineman Reginald Barnes Jr. intercepted the ball in the end zone to win the playoff game for Hinds. The Eagles scored on their first and only possession in overtime when running back Jeffrey Pittman's rushed one in for his fourth score of the game. The win is the biggest in program history since the Eagles last won the conference title in 2000.
- Hinds QB BeSean McCray was 19-24 for 199 yards with one touchdown and one intercpetion
- Hinds RB Jeffrey Pittman rushed 22 times for 82 yards and four touchdowns
- EMCC QB Jamari Jones threw for 273 yards with three touchdowns and one interception. He went 24-40 on the day
- EMCC QB Jamari Jones also rushed 17 times for 122 yards and two touchdowns
Northwest 26 Jones 20
The defending NJCAA national champions win at Jones and advance to the 2021 conference title game.
- NWCC RB Jaquerrious Williams rushed 21 times for 105 yards and a touchdown
- QB Michael Hiers was 16-22 for 196 yards and a touchdown
- Kylan Robinson had 10 total tackles
- RB La'Damian Webb rushed for 125 yards on 30 carries. Web finishes the season with 1,399 yards, which leads the nation. Webb also added 14 touchdowns on the season.
- Jones QB Quaterius Hawkins went 13-27 through the air for 244 yards, two touchdowns and threw two interceptions.
The Mississippi JUCO Football conference championship will be played at Northwest on Saturday November 13. Kick-off is slated for 2pm.